Program Coordinator, Instructor
- With CT since 2009; Instructor since 2011; Program Coordinator since 2014.
- Credentials: The Art of Tracking, Track & Sign I certification through CyberTracker (2015); BS in Biology (Denison University, 2010); Graduate of the 2011-2012 CTSN Caretaker Program; Assistant Director at Camp Fire Kids Day Camp (Ohio) in 2008; Coordinator & Instructor at Camp Wyandot (Ohio) in ’06, ’07, ’09, ’10; Americorps City Heroes (Ohio) Leader, 2007; Outdoor Educator since 2004.
- Outside Interests: song-writing, music, exploration, water immersion
- Favorite skills: tracking (internal & external), mapping, movement
- “What has CT done for you?”: CT has encouraged me to continue my education based on my interests, allowing me to lean into uncomfortable areas of my life and to learn from walking along that edge. CT has held space for me to gain an understanding of a larger Vision & purpose beyond self.
- Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
- Favorite Animal: the mountain banshees of Pandora
Katie Buttermore grew up playing in the outdoors in and around Columbus, OH. Spending a great deal of time in the Hocking Hills learning outdoor living skills, she began instructing at age 15 at Camp Wyandot (OH). Since then, she has maintained a passionate relationship with nature, graduated from Denison University (OH) with a B.S. in Biology, and has immersed herself in Coyote Trails School of Nature, doing a 4-season Caretaker Program Oct 2011 – Oct 2012. Inspired by many powerful experiences in nature, she released her first self-produced album titled “Upright,” in hopes to inspire others to develop their connection to nature and creativity. She is continuing to track, make music, and become a happier, healthier human.