All Coyote Trails Instructors:
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Have taken the Fox Trail, or have tested out with equivalent skills & knowledge.
- Show passionate interest in advancing their own skills, (one way is by engaging in the other trails of study)
- Understand long-term cultural mentoring, what it takes to mentor each and every learner in a class and also have a working knowledge and felt sense of what it is like to be mentored
- Show passionate interest in evolving as a better teacher
- Worked on Instructor Teams as an Instructor-In-Training with CTSN (for at least one season)
- Have attended CTSN staff training at a minimum of once every two years.
- Have a working, usable understanding of 'Coyote Teaching' and its effectiveness
Qualities of a Coyote Trails Instructor:
- Passionate about wilderness skills, teaching, and learning
- Personable and articulate
- Enjoys working with kids and adults
- Supports light-hearted teaching environments
- Teaches with humility
- Takes initiative
- Conflict resolution and safety prevention skills